- May 6, 2016
When someone questions, “why EndoTool?” Hit them with a fact sheet. You can’t argue with facts.
10. Confidence in Outcomes – EndoTool is the market leader for safe glucose management for hospitalized patients, and is trusted by more than 180 hospitals in the United States.
9. Simple Process – Once a facility begins using EndoTool, nurses follow a simple three step process for safe dose recommendations. The process is easily completed through bedside computer.
8. EMR Integration – EndoTool has seamless integration with most major electronic medical records including: EPIC, Allscripts, Cerner, and Meditech.
7. Customized System Parameters – Parameters may be customized for each facility and/or unit, eliminating the need for repetitive approval of the medical director, and providing caregivers more time to focus on direct patient care.
6. Transition: IV to SubQ – Using clinically driven protocols, EndoTool notifies the clinician when a patient has reached an optimal time for safe transition from IV to subcutaneous insulin therapy.
5. Personalized Treatment – Insulin dose recommendations are based on unique patient parameters: blood glucose level, Diabetes Mellitus (DM) type, age, sex, weight, sCr, eGFR, steroids, and any estimated residual extracellular insulin (EREI).
4. EREI Calculation – Estimated Residual Extracellular Insulin (EREI) accounts for previously administered insulin and is factored into next insulin dose recommendations. Similar to the concept of “insulin on board” for subcutaneous insulin therapy — but instead, EREI is used during intravenous therapy.
3. Specialize in the “Difficult” – Even in the most difficult patient scenarios (DKA, HNS, etc.), EndoTool provides a safe and efficient solution for glucose management with 99.4% of all patients achieving control.
2. Eliminate Hypoglycemia – EndoTool achieves a 0.016% rate of hypoglycemia with blood glucose readings less than 40 mg/dL and a 0.368% rate of hypoglycemia with blood glucose readings less than 70 mg/dL.
1. Safest Solution – More than 60 combined algorithms ensure that dosing is individualized and responsive to ongoing changes in each patient’s unique physiological response.
But wait, we have 11 reasons to choose EndoTool!
In addition to all of the benefits listed above, patients treated on EndoTool achieve glycemic control timely and safely in under three hours while avoiding hypoglycemia. Would you like to hear more? Meet our team for a free consultation!