EndoTool Customers Continue to Show Big Results
Vidant Medical Center publicizes seven-year outcome data from Monarch Medical Technologies EndoTool at American Diabetes Association 76th Scientific Sessions.
Vidant Medical Center, the flagship hospital for Vidant Health in Greenville, NC, is presenting their poster reflecting the improvement in quality of care with patients being treated on EndoTool Glucose Management System.
The poster, “Use of a Computer-Guided Glucose Management System to Improve Glycemic Control and Address National Quality Measures: A 7-Year Retrospective Observational Study at a Tertiary Care Teaching Hospital” will be presented today through Tuesday, June 14th at the 76th Scientific Sessions of the American Diabetes Association in New Orleans, Louisiana.
- 7-year retrospective observational study
- A total of 492,078 blood glucose readings were taken from 16,850 patients
- Patients experienced minimal hypoglycemia, with 0.93% of BG values <70 mg/dL and 0.03% <40 mg/dL
- Between 2009 and 2015, hyperglycemic patients achieved glucose levels ≤180 mg/dL within 1.5 to 2.3 hours
- Overall, results revealed the use of EndoTool effectively controlled blood glucose levels, reduced hypoglycemia rates and reduced the overall amount of hospital acquired conditions.
Dr. Robert Tanenberg, Medical Director, Inpatient Diabetes Program at Vidant Medical Center and Professor of Medicine, Division of Endocrinology, Brody School of Medicine, at East Carolina University, mentions, “Our caregivers put patients first with safety as our top priority. I am pleased to present the continued success our organization sees while using EndoTool. Our team is confident that our patients are being treated with the safest solution.”